Front cover draft

This is how far I have been able to get with the construction of  my magazine front cover. I tried my best to keep my magazine poster as close to the initial design that I had drawn out and had received feedback on from peers and my audience. I tried to recreate the same type of theme that was used with the Dark Knight magazine that I spoke about previously by having the Empire masthead darker not revealing that much of its vibrant red that is usually used with other Empire magazines. However I did find photo shop quite difficult to use so my skill assets were quite limited to some extent in the ways in which I was able to construct and edit my work.

Using and editing the lighting to reflect of the blade was mainly used to keep the attraction/gaze of the audience on the blade to assure them of the narrative/genre of the film.

My film production group decided to go with a black gown as the clothing of the killer along with a face which is a conventional aspect of the slasher genre along with the butcher knife. We gathered this idea by asking and gathering information from peers the internet and also going over old media products. The Main design of our Killer shows homage to the Killer within the film Scream as they are quite similar in design due to codes and conventions that we chose not to deviate from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Horror Hound Magazine Analysis